****THIS POSITION REQUIRES MOVING AND LIVING IN CALGARY, AB, CANADA.
This is a hybrid remote job in Alberta, if you are accepted, you will be in between 3-4 months remote in Mexico, and then we will start the immigration process.
WHO WE ARE
We are culture builders. We believe and invest in people and use technology, data and organizational psychology to help companies build great work cultures.
We started in Mexico in 2006, built an incredible team for 15 years and were acquired in 2021.
Now we’re starting again in the beautiful city of Calgary to help Alberta Tech companies build cultures people will love to work for.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are humble. You share the credit and take pride in your team’s success. You accept responsibility for your mistakes and don’t blame others. You don’t think less of yourself, but you think in yourself less.
- You are passionate. But passionate about technology and building great things, not only passionate about sports or music (although there is nothing wrong with that, we too love Netflix and video games).
- You are empathetic. You are aware of what you say and do, and how that impacts your teammates and clients. Sorry, but nobody wants to work with jerks (at least not us, and for sure, you don’t want an emotionless manager as your boss), no matter how genius you are.
If you want to work for companies that are making an impact, if you want to be part of something greater than yourself, and not just work…we are here to help. Come and join the purpose-driven tech revolution.
Well, it is not only about romantic things and building a better world; you need to have some tech skills too:
- Strong technical background in developing mobile-based products.
- Experience with distributed version control systems, such as GIT.
- Experience leading, managing and building a team of talented software developers.
- Experience recruiting and retaining great software teams.
What you’ll do:
- Recruiting and hiring exceptional talent to build a world-class software development team and department.
- Coaching developers to help them advance in their careers.
- Cultivating a culture of pragmatic engineering decision-making, understanding the need for both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions.
- Participating in critical technical design and product discussions with leaders from across the organization.
- Owning the success and failure of the development team.
- Taking responsibility for delivering quantifiable results on time.
- Ensuring that coding standards and secure software development practices are implemented across all code.
- Deploying products and updates to production safely and responsibly, with understanding and empathy of potential impacts to our merchants.
- Continuously communicate key company messaging and connect the work developers do on a daily basis to the objectives of the organization.
- Work with other Software Development Managers and the CTO to improve the processes and execution across the department.
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the requirements of the job description. We know that there is no such thing as a “perfect” candidate. Apply for this role if you feel identified.